PLAYOFFS – SPRING 2019 Season concludes with post-season action NOV 3 – 17. The League will crown new champions in all three divisions: OPEN 18+ SENIOR 30+ and MASTERS 40+ by Thanksgiving!
FALL 2019 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:
OPENING DAY is DECEMBER 8, 2019.
REGISTRATION FEES – $240 PER PLAYER PER SEASON
PLAYERS – NEW RULE – EACH PLAYER MUST REGISTER ONLINE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY – NO EXCEPTIONS.
ROSTERS – OFFICIAL NOTICE – SFBL WILL STRICTLY ENFORCE ROSTERS AND LIABILITY WAIVER FORMS. TEAMS IN VIOLATION WILL FORFEIT – NO EXCEPTIONS.
TEAM WAIVER FORM – Each team MUST submit a TEAM WAIVER FORM which includes the signatures of every player on the official roster – NO EXCEPTIONS. Form is available online.
ELIGIBLE PLAYERS POSTED ONLINE – LEAGUE WILL PUBLISH AND MAINTAIN ONLINE AN ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL ELIGIBLE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE. IF A PLAYER IS NOT ON THE LIST, HE CAN’T PLAY. PERIOD.
PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY – Reminder – to qualify to play in any playoff game, a player must play a minimum of three (3) games during the regular season.
BORROWED PLAYERS – MUST BE CLEARED AND APPROVED by the League prior to any play. Teams anticipating being short nine players for any particular ball game are requested to contact the League to arrange for a borrowed player.
UNIFORMS – Uniform code to be enforced after GAME 2. Players out of uniform after the second game of the season will be prohibited from participating in any official league games unless prior approval from the League is arranged.
NO ALCOHOL – STRICTLY ENFORCED AT EVERY FIELD!
DUGOUTS – Teams are required to clean up their DUGOUT after each game. VIOLATIONS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
UMPIRES – NEW – Effective FALL 2019 Season, teams will be responsible for ALL regular season umpire fees, including makeup games. Also, the SFBL Umpire Evaluation Form is now available online.
- In order to play in an official league game, the player’s name MUST appear on the official LINE UP CARD submitted prior to the start of any game, even if the player is not present at the beginning of the game. Games will NOT start until both official lineups have been submitted to the plate umpire.
- TEAMS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO BAT 10 players. Teams may bat more than nine players and can even bat their entire lineup if they chose to; HOWEVER, teams cannot shrink the lineup without incurring an out first time around in the batting order.
- Teams showing up to play with a minimum of 8 players may play an official game by borrowing a position player from the opposing team for defensive purposes only; however, the team batting with eight batters will receive an AUTOMATIC OUT EACH TIME that slot arrives in the batting order. The opposing team MUST provide the team short players with a position player throughout the game, again, for defensive purposes only.
- Automatic runner for the catcher each time he reaches base safely. Use last batted out in the order.
- Managers must notify the League on any injuries that occur during the game via an INJURY REPORT within 24 hours of any injury (an email with all relevant facts).
- Teams are free to add players throughout the season; however, PLAYERS BEING ADDED AFTER OPENING DAY MUST BE APPROVED BY THE LEAGUE and must comply with all registration requirements to be eligible to play.