Welcome to SFBL FALL 2021 SEASON
Fall 2021 Season opens DECEMBER 12, 2021. This will be our 58th consecutive season stretching 29 years of operation.
FALL 2021 Season highlights:
League Fees: The players registration fee has been increased to $260 per player, payable prior to the start of the season. Team fees are based on 13 paid rostered players, which cover the team registration fee as well as all umpire fees. The math is as follows: 13 players * $260 = $3,380. The umpire fees for each team amount to 12 games * $90 = $1,080. The team registration fee is $2,300. The $1,080 umpire fees plus the $2,300 team fee adds up to exactly $3,380 (13 paid players). The team registration fee is a flat fee. All fees collected from extra players stay with the team should the team decide to carry more than 13 players on their roster.
Also, this season we are working on implementing a number of new initiatives designed to enhance your baseball experience, including the following:
- Rolling 2 Week Schedule, where, with team compliance, we can provide all league participants enhanced forward planning capability. Team managers MUST disclose in advance all of their forward calendar conflicts so we can incorporate those conflicts into the scheduling process. Once the schedule is posted, teams MUST either play or forfeit the game and pay both umpire fees in full.
- Live streaming – GAME OF THE WEEK on the SFBL website and through your phone via Facebook
- Automatic Roster Rollover, where only new players need to register. Once your players are rostered, we will be able to advise you promptly which of your players are not registered. Unregistered players are prohibited from playing in the league.
- Online Store – initially we will be offering SFBL caps and t-shirts for sale online.
Finally, just a few reminders:
- Team Waiver Form – download off the SFBL website and obtain the signatures of all rostered players. This protects the team managers and fellow players, the field operators and owners as well as the league from lawsuits. Please understand the importance of this requirement. Understand that if we do not have a player’s signature, he can’t play. PERIOD.
- New Rules have been adopted. Please take the time to re-read the rule book. Some of the new rules are of special interest, including the Playoff Tie Breaker Rule, which states that should the playoff game be tied after the official 3 hour time limit expires, then the game shall continue with each subsequent half inning starting with bases loaded and one out.
- We are resuming Player of the Week and the Baseball Beast Award – for the most studly performance of the season as voted by your peers. Please submit nominations with photo.
- Playoff Qualifications: The top four teams in each division qualify for the post-season action.
- Awards – The champions of each division (Open – Senior – Masters) earn the following awards: Team Championship Trophy, MVP Trophy, Championship T-Shirts, authentic SFBL Logo Caps and a $1000 Cash Prize paid out at the field during the awards ceremony.
Managers Meetings: The FALL 2021 Season Managers Meetings are scheduled for Saturday, December 11, 2021. The Broward meeting will be held at NOON at HOOTERS at Pines and University in Pembroke Pines, while the Miami-DADE meeting will be held at 230PM at the Ale House on Bird Road and 67th Avenue in Miami.
South Miami – December 1, 2021